Sunday, January 30, 2011

moving in

After breakfast at the hotel, I head to San Pedro. I move into my new apartment on a sunny Sunday afternoon. My-bags-are-so-heavy. But I'm really excited. I'm definitely going to need more clothes hangers. Not to mention a plethora of other household items. The apartment is completely furnished, but I still need to buy the basics.. food, cleaning supplies, some toiletries.

But first, I need to explore a bit. Plus, it's lunch time now and I'm ready to try some of the local food. Jonathan and I head out and stop at a soda (tico word for small, local restaurant). Actually, it was a Colombian restaurant but the food was pretty traditional: beef in some sort of sauce, rice, beans, salad. Next, we're off to Mas x Menos (more for less) for the essentials. Apparently, Mas x Menos is owned by American conglomerate Wal-Mart. There are plenty of Great Value products on the shelves. It seems there is no escaping the U.S., even while in another country.

Back to the apartment now. Walking takes a lot out of me. Not that it was actually a lot of walking, I'm just really lazy and accustomed to going everywhere by car.

No comments:

Post a Comment